Friday, February 25, 2011

...MOUNTAIN WITCH...

"what our fathers played cannot be bad. and it's true"
(quote from Rene guitarist of Mountain Witch). 
When I read this, the first thing came at my mind was that I wanted this rig in my blog. So I present it to you in black and white: 





'69 Ormat ORST 50
'73 Matamp GT 100
'76 SVT + 9x10 (AMAZING CAB!!!!!)
'00 Sunn reissue
'00 Matamp 2x12 hot100
'70ies 4x12 Orange g1230h
'70ies 4x12 Sound City fane's

MOUNTAIN WITCH heavy / stoner / doom from Hamburg (Ger.) check them here:
http://www.myspace.com/mountainwitch

4 comments:

  1. Recently did a session as a bass player fo a garage rock band on an old and abused SVT (8x10 cab), and this thing just ROCKED - was playing on a cheapo JB-like Peavy bass, and the roar and growl and sustain I got from the amp and cab was just insane. If I was a regular bass player I just couldn't live without that thing (ok, i'd need a bigger car and a roadie for each and every rehearsal too, but that's not the point ).

    Fucking great amp&cab anyway, almost had an orgasm when I (too briefly) pushed it to stage level. Now I know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just for the record...
    MOUNTAIN WITCH have the SVT 9x10 cab!
    A different kind of beast. Though the "old and abused" SVT 8x10 sounds great to!!!
    Please send some pix ;-)

    ReplyDelete